Wednesday 16 January 2008

Watery Willows - after the rain




This is a little stream I visit in my lunch-break - it emerges from underground just around here and is probably the same stream that was culverted off when the dual carriage (Queen's Drive) was being built half a century ago - marking the commencement of modern Swindon's rapid expansion. I have not yet completed my geographical homework on this little stream but I think it either is, or belongs to, the river Cole. Today it is in flood after the heavy rain of the previous day. Further upstream in the area of Covingham this little river has boken its banks. The entire west country is affected again - with more rain to come. I understand this is a direct result of Global Warming.
Time to leave the car at home my friends - and rediscover your feet.